Thursday, February 8, 2007

Carni calls




Just got a phone call from Whorley. He, the Haens, Joas, and Gaffney are sitting at the Downtowner and were wondered where I was. Well, I'm at work, 'cause Bolte and I both had too much work to do to go. And I didn't really want to because I feel old when I'm there. And I feel worse lately about my chunkiness which I was not at tech. Which is my fault and my job to fix, but I have not been able to yet.

Hearing them there made me very homesick for Houghton... I never laugh as much as when I hang out with my friends that are there this weekend.
I saw Dominic (Ronzo) at the hockey game last night. This is the first Carni he's missed in 16 years. It was weird for us to both be there instead of drinking on statue, but at 31 shouldn't I be too old for these shinnanigan's? Too old to hang out with people I care about, some of whom I've known for 14 years?
I want to go camping in the Keewenaw this summer, spend a week, hanging out, hiking, driving around and enjoying a place I love. Hopefully I'll sell my condo so I can afford to, but camping is cheap so I think I could manage.

On a side note, I got a quote for getting some painting done in the house, and while I'm sure they would do a much better job than I could, I can't quite get it into my head to pay for something I can do for myself. I don't mind painting, and there are so many house chores/repairs I don't know how to do, should I save my money for them? So now I need to figure out when I can get a couple days off to paint. I think I can fit in a one and a half days next week.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I don't think you can ever be too old for carni. Like you said, it is a great time to hang out with old friends and catch up.

I haven't been for 5 years and I would love to go sometime.

Yay for painting. What colors are you thinking?

AJ said...

I hired my kitchen painted, only because I had to remove wall paper and it was taking forever. So we painted all the non-wall papered rooms ourselves and splurged on that. I have to say, I highly recommend it!

As for Carni, I miss it too. It was so great at school to be surrounded by so many people you loved, and it's great to go back and relax (by relax I guess I mean drink ridiculously) with those same people.

Is that group picture at the DT? Why did I never realize how ornate the ceilings were? Was I always too drunk?

Danielle Michelle said...

Never too old! I too got a drunk call from friends. Way jealous. I haven't been to one in FOREVER!

Lesley said...

The group picture is from Shute's in Calumet, it is beautiful in there. It's the first stop on the booze cruise we do on Saturday.

alanna rose said...

Carnival wasn't the same with out you :(

J and I always do our own house projects, especially painting, that way we can justify buying the really high quality paint.