Tuesday, February 13, 2007

VACATION?

I am now on vacation!
Sort of.
I will be painting my house for the next several days, only taking a break to go to one work meeting, play one game of soccer and celebrate Jenni's birthday. And watch Lost.
If you want to check out the colors, go to http://www.voiceofcolor.com/en/myproject/vision.asp, click here to try it now in the middle of the page, select a photo to paint, choose a picture, then you can type in the codes above in color search to see the colors I will be using. This is a fun tool if you want to get a better idea of how strong a color might look in a room.
I am painting my living room, dining room, hall and stairway Edelweiss, 522-2, a creamy gray off-white that goes well with the kitchen's shade of brown. Boring I know, but I will liven up the rooms with colorful drapery and I have tons of pictures to hang up. All trim will be white. I may paint a focus wall later, but this will be a good start.
The back bedroom which will soon be my office will be Spruce Shade, 503-5, a nice medium blue green that will look great with my oak office furniture. I got the inspiration for the color looking at the trees on a drive through Canada for work. I love that silvery green-blue shade of some fir trees.
If I have time, I will also repaint my the upstairs bedroom a lighter shade of blue than it is now, I'm thinking Touch of Blue, 249-2 is a nice bright light blue. The current is a darker periwinkle shade close to Velvet Morning 247-4. But I do not have to get the upstairs done right now, Ican always do that this summer.
Once everything is painted I will be moving the rest of my belongings out of the condo and into my house. A housewarming party (1 year after I moved in) will be soon to follow.
I also finally bought a dining room table. I saw this one a year ago and have been trying to find an alternative, but it was on super discount, I got more than 1/3 off. Now I need to buy chairs. Any suggestions?



I also will be buying and assembling shelving for the storage area in my basement. This stuff from IKEA will fit perfectly in the spaces I have for it, but I am worried about the wood in a not the driest basement. I really must buy a better dehumidifier this spring. The crappy one the former owner left was not working very well by the end of the summer. Any ideas what finish would be good to help protect it?

I'm also thinking about replacing the full sized bed I have in my guestroom with 2 twins. The room will fit perfectly two twin beds on either side of a central window, and I think it will be nicer if I have 2 guests if they don't have to share. I think these bunk beds that they have at IKEA that I can use seperately would be cute. My parents can use the full mattress I have to replace my bed at their house. Or I can keep it in the basement and turn my place into a regular flop house.
Which will be good, because as soon as I get the pool table from my parents this will be party central. I owe for all the parties I've been to without hosting myself.
So that is my plan for the rest of the week, if anyone has a burning desire to come help, you are all welcome!

4 comments:

h said...

My week nights are pretty busy (plus painting after dark may not be as good of an idea as actual daylight) but I can probably help paint a little on Saturday if you're still doing it. I want to look at cars but if I get up earlier enough I should have plenty of time. :) Let me know if you go to IKEA - I'm thinking of running there on Sunday to look at bookcases...

I'll have to check out the colors online. I love painting and am planning on redoing my kitchen (I'm sick of the yellow) as soon as it gets warmer (I like to paint with a window open!).

Erin Byrge said...

so you didn't have to stop for soccer... Thanks for calling, I got the email from Audra on time. The number you called is the only one I have, but didn't listen to messages this morning (oops) Hope today was not your meeting - will be good to not have to drive in this crap!

YGS said...

Let me know how I can help this weekend too. I want to go to IKEA also :)

Crystal said...

About those wood shelves in your basement... as long as water isn't dripping on them, they should be okay. I doubt the temperature is low enough to cause condensation, which would be the other thing to worry about.