Tuesday, February 20, 2007

painting success!

I got nearly all of the painting done that I wanted to over the weekend. Yeimy, Jenni and Heather came over on Sunday and helped me get the first coat of Edleweiss in the dining room, stairway and living room. It was incredible, they were so fast and good. I got the second coat done that afternoon/evening. I got the office primed and the ceiling painted, so just the walls are left in there. All the prep work of filling holes, sanding, repeat, then washing down all the walls, vacuumming and mopping the floors, removing all the electrical plates and taping all the edges takes a lot longer than I ever remember between painting tasks. However removing the tape is so much fun, it is one of those things that is hard to stop doing, even though I should be working, like reading blogs.

I finally finished listening to Atlas Shrugged this weekend. What an amazing book. I highly recommend, even though I skipped past the 2 hour monolouge towards the end to see what happens. I am working on reading The Beetle by Richard Marsh for book club next month. It is an early horror story like Dracula, written at about the same time. This was at the same time as Darwin and most horror stories are really about the struggle between god and science.

5 comments:

h said...

I LOVE peeling off the tape once the paint has dried so you can see your nice, clean edges. There is seriously nothing I like better than that. :) Now I wanna paint my kitchen - and it seems I have a lot of free time on my hands now. Grrrr.....

Lesley said...

I have a discount card for PPG... Or if you really liked my color, I have about a gallon and a half left over.

Danielle Michelle said...

That is one of the best books EVER! Now read The Fountainhead by her also. VERY interesting.

I want to see pics of the paint job!

Kara said...

Take pictures of the finished product. I love pics of freshly painted rooms. If you get bored, feel free to come paint in West MI :)

Andrea said...

Yeah, post pics of the new paint job! Missed you at Heather's bday party, but hope to see you soon! I was supposed to read Atlas Shrugged over Christmas for my bookclub, but i never did. I'll have to do that...I'm reading Lord of the Rings right now, but I'm not very dilligent about it...i need to watch less TV and read more!