Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bad Mood / Good Mood.

I was in a bad mood leaving work. My boss is getting very snarky and it's really bothering me. It's worse than that, I thought we were sort of friends, but the smart remarks from her lately are not the way you treat a friend, and certainly not someone that works for you.
The guy that hired me, who was my boss's boss, left for a new job at the beginning of the month. I really liked him, worked well with him, he's a big reason I took this job. Bastard, I can't believe he abandoned me.
My boss has started behaving much more sarcastic and bitchy every day since he left it seems. (he also hired her, maybe she feels abandonded too.) Before this change, I thought we got along great.
Either we are sick of each other from sharing an office 10 hours a day, and/or she's overwhelmed with having to do her job, half of the old boss's job, and the job of another guy that left for a new job last week, and/or I am likewise overwhelmed from sh!t rolling down to me, and/or I am now finally seeing her true colors. Regardless, things need to change, because she is making me dislike a job that until recently I really enjoyed. Mean people suck. Grrr, I'm getting angry again just re-reading this,must put this out of my mind. I've never worked for a woman before, is that the problem?

After work though, I chatted on the drive home with the MTU student soliciting for cash for MTU. He was fun and is really excited for Senior Walk this Friday.
I took Isabelle for a walk in the park.
I called my friend Matt and finalized plans to watch the Red Wings game together tomorrow night. GO WINGS!
I found a way to fly home for the Red Wings game next weekend for $5.00. Thank you frequent flier miles! I HAVE to get a N*rthwest Airl!nes Cr*dit card and start racking up more points. They share flier miles with the local airline that flies direct Milwaukee to Flint. SWEET!
I read a few blogs. Allana and Laura, thanks for the BM laugh!

So now I am in a great mood.

Health stuff:
I went to a Sleep Disorder presentation at work today. We get points for going to things like this that add up to gift cards and cash if you do all the healthy reward steps. Anyway, I'm tired and grumpy all the time. I get up and wake up a lot at night and seem to need a lot more sleep than most, but even with 9-10 hours sleep, by the end of the week I can hardly function at work. The only way I seem to function is taking at least one pain reliever PM every night at 8, then go to bed around 9 and get up around 6:30. But I'd rather fix what's wrong than medicate. This presentation gave me a lot of hope that this part of my life could be much better. So I plan on making an appointment soon. Does anyone else have problems with sleep?

1 comment:

alanna rose said...

Always glad to be of service :)

Maybe you could talk to my son about sleep disorders - I have the most un-sleepy newborn, ever!