Monday, April 14, 2008

Great weekend, soo tired.

I had a wonderful weekend back in Detroit. I left much to late again and got stuck in Chicago Friday afternoon traffic AGAIN, but once I got to my friends' house and got to see them it was the start of a great weekend. My Saturday started out way to early, but I was very excited to get a haircut. I can't or don't want to find anyone new in Milwaukee, I let one girl try and it was a hack job so back to Tracey, I've been seeing him for about 12 years now. After that, I notice they opened a SEE Optical in Somerset, so I went over and bought a new pair of glasses. I love the styles they have there, I now have to wear glasses every day at work (no contacts allowed in the lab), and I "accidentally" left a large amount on my pre-tax benefit account, so I might as well buy fun new glasses. I such an impulse buyer. I ran down to the Royal Oak farmers market (West Allis is okay, but I still like Royal Oak better) looking for BlueRidge Bakery from Capac, MI syrup. They make these fruit syrups that are outstanding, my favorite is Strawberry Raspberry over ice cream from Ray's in Berkley. Or homemade waffles. Or all 3 together, YUM! I digress. Sadly they were not there, I'll have to go back and look for them in July, but I bought very tasty Pistachio Nut Butter (just ground the day before) and some grapefruit body lotion and aloe hair gel from another stand. I met my brother and work friends at Royal Oak Brewery for lunch, then my bro and I went to the Wings game. It was outstanding, I miss it so much. (We're winning 2-0 right now). Then I stopped at Jenni's and we met a bunch of folks for dinner and hanging out at Marinelli's in Madison Heights. It was great to see everyone and very fun except the WAY TOO LOUD music in the bar later. (DAMN 2-1 Wings/Preds). It was nice to stay at Jenni's, I miss my old condo, it certainly has some advantages over my current place. We went to Toast for breakfast the next morning (yum, Cinnamon toast crunch) then the long drive back here. (DAMN 2-2) I even miss the NPR weekend programming, like Splendid Table, although Says You on WHAD on Sunday is fun. I was beat when I finally got home so napping and bed time. Now how can I have this job back in the D? I suppose I need to get out and meet people here so I won't be so homesick, but my friends in Detroit can't be replaced. Can everyone please move here?
I was grumpy and tired at work today, right after the game tonight, I'm going to bed.

p.s. Ooo, I like how Blogger spell checks...

2 comments:

YGS said...

It was great to see you! Make sure you let us know next time you are back. We miss you :)

Lesley said...

I miss you all too.