Thursday, April 10, 2008

Go Wings!

Heather, just caught up with your blog and I'll give Twitter a try, too. Maybe I'll be better at that. Besides I can update from my phone, otherwise I can only update at home.

I am so excited for the Red Wings playoffs. No, a season away from Detroit has not dampened my enthusiasum for hockey, although it has been not nearly as much fun, for what I thought would be a hockey state, Wisconsin REALLY isn't.

Coincedentially playoffs also coincides with a great time to take a break. I do like my new job here, thank goodness since it's all I do, but sometimes, like this week, it's overwhelming. So I can't wait to hop in the jeep this Friday and head back to the D. I get to go to the game with my brother and hang out with my friends who I dearly miss. If I miss you this weekend, have no fear, I'm sure I'll be back soon for the next round.

BTW, I am a season ticket holder to the Wings. My name finally came up on the season ticket holder list just when I accepted my new job. My Mom and I discussed it and we decided to get them. She and my brother go to about half and then I found other people to buy all the other ones. But if you are interested for next year, let me know. :) I guess in the back of my mind I think I'll be back in Detroit in the next few years so we're taking it one year at a time, if it becomes a hassle, I'm done.

WOOHOO! The Wings just one 3-1.

That's about it, the reason I don't blog much ( besides the fact I've never been good about it) is all I do is work. Which is really boring to blog about, mostly because I don't want to say too much in case it ever could get back to work. We just had two people in our group take new jobs and you guessed it, they are not being replaced. So there is all the work, and not all the people. Most if it is landing on my boss who just started here in October (she's got a lot of company experience, but just moved to Wisconsin too) and you know what rolls down hill. Oh well, I do like my job, the group, my boss, and that goes a long way to making things worth while. But it's a little sad the thing I'm really excited about is I think I've found a way to weasel into the one office in my area that is a non-shared office, with a door and a window (there are only 2 in the whole area). It's also kind of out back so more laid back and fun. Seriously I dream about moving back there. Which is better than my normal work nightmares when I wake up in a sweat about things I have to do the next day or didn't get done the day before. Or hatch secret evil plots I'll never get to do against the few people that do drive me nuts there. ;)

Everyone also knows my priorities at work, there is a 6 foot by 3 foot "flag" of Zetterberg hanging on the wall in front of my desk. My Mom and bro got it free at one of the last games and sent it to me for Easter. The way my office is now, you can't see it if you just stand at the door, you have to be behind my desk. So it's subtle, until you walk in a ways and then it's so not.

Hee hee, the intermisson and post-game commentary both have Manny Legace as their "guest host". He used to be the goalie for the Wings. He's adorable, such a baby face, and just now he was so cute looking like a little kid trying hard to pay attention, but really, really bored.

Arhg, I need to find a few more documents to finish my taxes, I so need to do them earlier next year.

No comments: