Sunday, April 20, 2008

Isabelle's little friend

This is Isabelle. She's 6 pounds of fun. Notice her little friend at the end of her paw. Nice how I got her to point for the picture right? I love how they are the same color, how cute they match.

Isabelle's been having a wonderful weekend. Lots of time outside in beautiful weather, lots of quality time with me. Best part, she made a little friend. Unfortunately, it's a rather one sided relationship. Every time she goes out she finds these little mice. I can't tell if it's the same one or if she's slowly picking off a family. The first two were really small, look like half grown babies, the one in these pictures from this afternoon looks bigger and is much faster. A much better challenge for Isabelle and she doesn't have to throw it around as much to keep it interesting.There you can see it's face in the lower left. It may seem cruel, heck I guess it is,but she keeps them out of my house and lowers the pest count for the neighborhood and at the same time stays entertained and in the yard. I've never heard her purr so loud. FYI it was tradition in my family for my Mom to take pictures of the first bird our cat killed of the year. I figure, Isabelle wears a bell, so birds are fairly safe, but she's welcome to kill all the mice she can catch. Unfortunately for both the mice and the pest control, as far as I can tell, she doesn't kill them. I do pull her off them and bring her in on occasion, but I can't tell if that is worse. Maybe she would finish them off if I would leave her alone.

1 comment:

Danielle Michelle said...

Mine 'play' with them too. SOmtimes too much. Want another one? Izzy is expecting any day now and it looks like she's going to explode with kittens.